Top Tips When Buying Aluminium Bi Folding Doors!
Aluminium Bi Folding doors are most definitely the best type of bi fold doors you can buy. It is true they are manufactured in PVC and timber, but aluminium is the best choice when it comes to buying bi fold doors.
The aluminium will not contract like timber and PVC and is also much stronger and has no stringent limits on the heights and widths of the system. PVC will look cheap and are not as desirable as the aluminium system which is available in a wide range of finishes and colours.
Bi folding doors create a seamless link between the garden and the inside of your property enhancing the look of your home and giving you panoramic views of your garden. Aluminium Bi Fold doors will certainly add value and individuality to your home.
When you buy bi folding doors there are a few top tips you can follow;
- Only buy from a reputable company check out their website and make sure they are associated to the following organisation FENSA. This will mean that they are part of the leading brand trusted by consumers, all Local Authorities, industry and Government.
- Visit the company’s show room so you can access the quality of the doors and also try them out before you buy them.
- Check out the lead time for the delivery and fitting of the bi fold doors, depending on the company’s commitments will determine when they can start work on your property.
- Don’t choose the cheapest doors you can find this will not benefit you in the long run. You get what you pay for!
- Take time to decide what type of system will best suit your property; the doors are available in a variety of panel options. Discuss the threshold options with the company you are dealing with. Decide what type of opening will best suit your property.
- Security is also a major area to look into when purchasing new doors make sure that they have a high level of security i.e lockable handles, heavy duty shoot bolt locks and toughened safety glass.